Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Dawg thoughts.

Maybe its the coach in me that is scared shitless of UW losing to Idaho. I really shouldn't be should I? I shouldn't be worried about a team that made a boatload of mistakes and still hung with LSU, should I? This isn't Tyrone Willingham's Huskies, these guys are in shape, they don't fade late in games, they don't fall apart in the second half, they don't play without passion or intensity. I am so used to every game being a real, concievable loss, ever since Nevada threw Husky fans for a loop in 2003. No matter the opponent, and in the world of Husky football, there are very few cupcakes on the schedule, a loss beckoned. I worry about the emotional letdown of playing a team like Idaho after battling LSU on national tv. I worry about them coming out flat.

This is the biggest game of the Huskies season. A loss will quickly undo all the good will fostered from the battle with LSU. A win, hopefully a convincing one, will end the nation's longest win streak. It would prove to the media, the Pac-10, the fans, and most importantly, the players, that they can indeed win.

It doesn't take a lot to get a team amped for a big game, you don't need to be a great coach for that. Good coaches win the games they are supposed to win, and win them convincingly. Their teams are always motivated and always energized. This game Saturday is huge. Its bigger than LSU.

No comments:

Post a Comment