Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Curry


I don't know if Aaron Curry is a top 5 pick, but I really like him as a football player.

Why? Because he can tackle.

You don't see a lot of arm tackles from this guy its form tackles, head across the bow and driving with the legs, feet spread apart for good balance.

He is exceptionally strong, he can get into the chest of an offensive tackle and drive him backward. You don't see that a lot from linebackers.

He has the ability to be very good in coverage.

From what I saw of him, Wake Forest used him as a spy on any action coming out of the backfield, be it the qb or the halfback leaking out, they didn't blitz him a lot by scheme, and played a lot of zone which is typical for college.

I don't know if he'll be a superstar, but he can be a very very good player, a pro bowler if nothing else, for me, that will be enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment